Saturday, January 28, 2006

Rocking the Old School

My original rule was that I would not do this on weekends, but since Doctor Frank does it (www.doktorfrank.com), why not me? Who am I when compared to Doctor Frank? Just a guy who sells houses and writes stories about lawyers, that's who.

We have been cleaning the house today, in anticipation of our dinner guests, the McNallys. Cleaning requires a soundtrack that is a departure from my usual menu of twangy, mid-tempo ballads, so I dug into that part of my CD collection bought with Sandra Bullock in mind and served up a collection of up-beat funk, rap and pop.

And what a display of no-holds-barred dancing we saw from the Jawa. The minute we cued up Michael Jackson' "Off the Wall," he was out there, busting a move with enough expansiveness to fill our entire 11 x 11 living room. The concentration was intense.

Eventually, I figured I'd join him. We are known to cut a rug on occasion, which may surprise those of you who know me as a non-dancer. Depends on the company, I guess. So I put down the vacuum and strutted out to the living room where, to my surprise, the Jawa had finished dancing and was now absorbed in Nintendogs. As I funky-chickened across the room, he glanced up briefly and said, "Nice, Dad." Then he went back to his virtual pets.

Speaking of dads, my own Sun City, Arizona-bound dad has checked in with some pithy commentary of his own. According to Dad, good gas mileage is not a curse. I will, as always, defer to dad on matters automotive. In fact, I'll defer to Dad on most matters, because he generally knows more than me. And given that, without sounding like an arrogant jerk, I know more than lots of people, you can do the math and realize that my dad knows alot about alot.

And while it is comforting to grow up secure in the knowledge that your dad knows alot (more, even than my BHDS Relief partner Steve Ganz, but then again, Dad has a good 25 years on Steve), it certainly puts a fair amount of pressure on me to gather and keep a high level of Dad-like knowledge.

Good thing I don't have one of those pesky 40-hour a week jobs. The time commitment would really cut into maintaining my Dad knowledge base.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"And given that, without sounding like an arrogant jerk, I know more than lots of people, you can do the math and realize that my dad knows alot about alot."

"A lot" is two words.

4:41 PM  
Blogger yanmaneee said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

4:48 PM  
Blogger yanmaneee said...

golden goose outlet
goyard handbags
supreme clothing
moncler jackets
golden goose
golden goose
moncler outlet
golden goose
goyard handbags
golden goose sneakers

4:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home